Friday 14 May 2010

Message relayed by Sat Phone

Message from Everest, relayed by Satphone:

'Summit day has been pushed back by one day to Monday 17th due to extremely high winds on the mountain. Feeling ready, fit and positive about the final push. Managed the climb from Base Camp to Camp 2 in a very respectable time of 6.5 hours, quite chuffed with myself for that! I promise to do a proper blog when I come back down from the mountain, when I might even be able to throw in a few photos for good measure. Love to all back home, missing you all lots, but I must admit I am having the time of my life out here! Fingers crossed for Monday!!!'

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Bonita! I've been following your blog since the start of the expedition as climbing Everest is something I hope to achieve one day myself. I hope all goes well and you manage to summit and enjoy(?!) it! Can't wait for your next update when you're back down the mountain.

    ReplyDelete