Saturday 8 August 2009

Launch Party

More regular posts now in the run up to the Manaslu expedition which leaves at the end of this month- woo!


Last week White Lodge hosted a fantastic party to kick start fundraising- it was held in their Rendevous centre, and a massive effort was made by so many to bring the event to life- thank you so much to those involved.


Molly Bedingfield was kind enough to bring along the huuge Angel canvas for everyone to have their picture taken in front of. many of the guests 'stepped up' and made donations in return for a picture- thanks guys, it all goes to the kiddies!




Molly and Doreen, one of the organisers of the event from WL, made fantastic speeches that for me really hit home as to why i was doing all this- i am so determined to reach my £50k target for Global Angels and have a few tricks up my sleeve as to how i'm going to do it!
Along with Molly, Tori James was kind enough to jump on a train all the way from C. london with her down suit and prayer flags to give a talk on Everest- and wouldn't even let me pay for her train fare! her talk was so inspiring and i think a few in the crowd wanted to climb the big E. after hearing her tale-so thanks Tori, you've got a whole new legion of fans!



Finally, Chesney Hawkes was kind enough to turn up and show his support- thanks Chezza! but really- thanks to all my mates who showed up- love you all to bits.



*

I am very excited to announce Foxhills as a partner of my challenge! They have kindly offered to help me with training and preparing me for Everest next March. I was shown around the club last week by its manager Jean Marc, who has such great enthusiasm and vision for how Foxhills can support me- so fantastic to have such people behind you.



Foxhills itself is absolutely beautiful- golf courses, tennis grounds, spa and swimming pools- just got to remember il be going there to train and not to lounge about drinking gin and tonics all day!
check out their website http://www.foxhills.co.uk/

*

As far as Manaslu is concerned- flights are booked, down kit has been ordered from Peter Hutchinson Designs (who make arguably the best down gear in the UK http://www.phdesigns.com/) but i am still in need of a pair of boots! located a shop who can get them for me pronto in Reading though i am still on the hunt for a discount!

All thats left to do now is get my jabs from the doc, pack, train and NOT GET INJURED! Been doing loads of running and biking- the knee is a little iffy at times but i'm icing it constantly and am now addicted to ice-cold baths whenever i can find a tub!

It's a wierd time now... these last three weeks- today myself and Luke went on a bike ride through Windsor great park and it was the most perfect day- these last few days will be my last of the summer basically until i get back from Everest- and THAT's what makes it such a wierd feeling! So much to happen before i take another bike ride like that again.





No comments:

Post a Comment